SEC_NEVER_LOAD cleanup
Dave Korn
dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Fri Nov 5 04:36:00 GMT 2010
On 26/10/2010 13:46, Alan Modra wrote:
> It seems we have irreconcilable differences between ELF and COFF in
> the treatment of NOLOAD. How does the following look to you COFF
> people?
Yes, please. With that, HEAD now DTRT, by which I mean behaves the same as
2.20 and earlier: the created section has an address and CONTENTS:
> 10 .gnu_debuglink_overlay 00000010 6123a000 6123a000 00213a00 2**2
> CONTENTS, EXCLUDE
... whereas unpatched HEAD omits the contents:
> 9 .gnu_debuglink_overlay 00000010 61239000 61239000 00000000 2**2
> EXCLUDE
... which is not the desired outcome.
I still have one discrepancy to tidy up, which is that running this command
on the generated DLL file:
> objcopy -g --add-gnu-debuglink=cygwin1.dbg cygwin0.dll
creates a section like so with 2.20:
> 12 .gnu_debuglink 00000010 61300000 61300000 00204600 2**2
> CONTENTS, READONLY
but creates a section like so:
> 12 .gnu_debuglink 00000010 61300000 61300000 00204c00 2**2
> CONTENTS, ALLOC, LOAD, READONLY, DATA
... with HEAD, either with or without your patch. I imagine this is down to
the styp to/from section flags conversion in coffcode.h, I'm investigating
that now.
cheers,
DaveK
More information about the Binutils
mailing list