Binutils 2.20.1 copying rights

christophe.jarry@ouvaton.org christophe.jarry@ouvaton.org
Sun May 30 11:48:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

I am currently working on binutils-2.20.1 sources and I found there
were 4 copying files, namely `COPYING', `COPYING.LIB', `COPYING3' and
`COPYING3.LIB' under the main directory `binutils-2.20.1'.

Moreover, only `gas' and `bfd' directories contain a `COPYING' file.

So, under which license are released `binutils' (physically under
`binutils' subdirectory') and other parts of `binutils-2.20.1'?

Are `gas' and `bfd' released under the `GPLv3 only' or `GPLv3 or later'?

Christophe