Is it possible to remove section padding from in as/ld?

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr
Sat May 15 12:33:00 GMT 2010

Miro Kropacek wrote:
> As I'm thinking about it, this is perfect answer to my question, if we
> force alignment to zero (i.e. no alignment) in BFD (binutils) and
> patch linker script with ALIGN(2) or ALIGN(4) directive, it wouldn't
> break anything and if someone with special requirements like my case
> would need to change it, he would just make custom linker script.

In the linker script, the ALIGN() directive can be used to align output
sections.

But it reads input sections with something like:
*(.text)
and I don't know any syntax to force the alignment of the individual
sections found by this wildcard.

--
Vincent Rivière