Is it possible to remove section padding from in as/ld?

Vincent Rivière vincent.riviere@freesbee.fr
Sat May 15 11:31:00 GMT 2010

Miro Kropacek wrote:
>> I think if you force an alignment of 2**0 with the current linker script,
>> any alignment directive will be ignored, including ".even". Of course this
> True, but in that case, if linker script is able to force such thing,
> I don't understand why it can't force also this padding alignment. It
> should be consistent, shouldn't it?

I have not expressed myself correctly.
My sentence should be understood like this:
"If you force a section alignment of 2**0 (by patching BFD), and if you keep
the current linker script, then..."

--
Vincent Rivière