m68k-atari-mint target

Gunther Nikl gnikl@users.sourceforge.net
Mon May 10 16:20:00 GMT 2010

Vincent Rivière wrote:
> Here is a first version of the binutils MiNT patch against the CVS
> version. Please do not commit it yet, I post it here to get some
> feedback if something needs to be improved.

I cannot comment about the technical aspect, sorry.

> First I need to say I'm not the original author of this patch, I have
> only improved it and ported it to modern binutils since version 2.17.
> It is fully functional and used daily with GCC.

This *might* be a problem. AFAIK, to get the code accepted as part
of binutils you have to assign the code copyright to the FSF and you
can only contribute code that you wrote. Thus also earlier authors
and (significant) contributors need to assign their copyright to the
FSF.

If this comment is wrong, I can only apologize for my mistake!

Regards,
Gunther Nikl