{patch]: pe-coff ld gets confused by none-default underscoring

Kai Tietz ktietz70@googlemail.com
Mon May 10 16:10:00 GMT 2010

Hello,

recently we noticed that current underscoring leads in cases where
--(no-)leading-underscore option isn't provided, the underscoring
variable gets too late initialized. So this patch takes care that it
gets initialized as soon as required.

ChangeLog

2010-05-10 Kai Tietz

      * emultempl/pe.em (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_before_parse):
      Initialize pe(p)_leading_underscore variable.
      (set_pe_name): Likewise.
      * emultempl/pep.em: Likewise.
      Additional change default to non-underscore for
pep_leading_underscore equal to -1.

Patch tested for x86_64-pc-mingw32 and for i686-pc-mingw32. Ok for apply?

Regards,
Kai

PS: I noticed a recent regression of testsuite/ld-pe/pe-compile.exp
for version-script. This just happens for gcc trunk (gcc 4.5 shows no
failures).