ld for VMS?

h.becker becker.ismaning@freenet.de
Tue May 4 09:45:00 GMT 2010

Tristan Gingold wrote:
> Except that with Alpha-VMS the length fields are duplicated within the records.  BFD is able to handle
> Alpha obj files without the record length RMS field.  Things are harder with VAX obj files!
Hmm, if BFD reads binaray files without the RMS record structure, how
are they stored in an ar library? With or without the RMS record
structure? And what is in a file which contains an extracted object
module from an archive, RMS record structures?

> As I said, I usually transfer from VMS using ftp.  I was able to transfer to VMS using ar on unix and
> librarian on vms.
Sorry, I should have said that I mean the archivers tar, gzip and friends.

Hartmut