ld for VMS?

Jay K jay.krell@cornell.edu
Mon May 3 08:16:00 GMT 2010

Thanks. Very helpful.
Maybe the assert before failing should print "try library /data=expand foo.olb" or such?
Oddly, running that command over all files seems like a bad idea:
  I got something "unable to read symbols from starlet.olb". I lost the message.
  I replaced startlet.olb with a pristine copy and now just:

 /usr/local/lib/gcc/alpha-dec-vms/4_5_0/pcrt0.o:($DATA$+0x90): undefined reference to `lib$establish'

Looks like maybe I only have the older vaxc$establish in my libraries.
 I am only on 7.x not the current 8.x. The admin is interested in upgrading when he has time.
Maybe I should edit pcrt0.c. I'll look.

Thanks,
 - Jay