script-type test fails on ARM

Matthew Gretton-Dann matthew.gretton-dann@arm.com
Wed Mar 31 15:04:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

On Mon, 2010-03-22 at 23:56 +0200, Kirill A. Shutemov wrote:
> I've got problem with script-type test on ARM:
[snip]
> So, there is one extra line with $a comparing to script-type.sym.
> It's binutils-2.20.51-2010-03-22.
>
> Any ideas how to fix it?

Please find attached a patch that fixes this issue.  There is nothing
wrong with the behaviour of the tools - rather the testsuite was
expecting incorrect output.

(The $d at 0x10 refers to the output of the .word directive in the
assembler, and the $a at 0x14 refers to the no-op intructions inserted
by the .p2align directive immediately after.

Suggested ChangeLog:

2010-03-31  Matthew Gretton-Dann  <matthew.gretton-dann@arm.com>

	* ld-arm/script-type.sym: Fix test.

Please can someone review and approve?