Large lma delta using binutils 2.19

James Blackburn james.blackburn@broadcom.com
Tue Mar 2 17:26:00 GMT 2010

Thanks for the prompt reply!

On 02/03/2010 17:14, H.J. Lu wrote:
> to ensure that LMA of .data.init_task section is always equal to its
> VMA...  You can add AT (ADDR(section)) to force LMA of
> .data.init_task section equal to its VMA. It will work with both old
> and new linkers.

I spotted the commit that made the change.  Unfortunately we have a whole bunch of existing chip test suites, orthogonal to the tool-chain, that use their own custom linker scripts. It would be unfortunate to invalidate all these existing tests...

Isn't this a general issue for memory constrainedembedded targets?

Cheers,
James