Binutils Export Information

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Thu Jun 10 17:26:00 GMT 2010

"LECKO, DAVID (ATTSI)" <DL535H@att.com> writes:

> AT&T Proprietary (Internal Use Only)
> This email and any files transmitted with it are AT&T property, are
> confidential, and are intended solely for the use of the individual or
> entity to whom this email is addressed.  If you are not one of the named
> recipient(s) or otherwise have reason to believe that you have received
> this message in error, please notify the sender and delete this message
> immediately from your computer.  Any other uses, retention,
> dissemination, forwarding, printing, or copying of this email is
> strictly prohibited.

Please do not send messages with this sort of legal disclaimer to the
binutils mailing list.  They are against list policy.  I'm sorry to
report that, contrary to your policy, your message has now been
automatically disseminated and forwarded and is available on the web (
http://sourceware.org/ml/binutils/2010-06/msg00160.html).  Thanks for
your consideration in avoiding this in the future.

With regards to export control, the GNU binutils are free software,
and as such come under an exception to the U.S. export compliance
rules.  There is no ECCN, CCATS, or EULA for the GNU binutils, and
there never will be.

Ian