[RFA] ARM: VLDM/VSTM pc, {} is predictable in ARM state

Matthew Gretton-Dann matthew.gretton-dann@arm.com
Tue Jun 8 13:57:00 GMT 2010

On Mon, 2010-06-07 at 22:25 +0100, Richard Earnshaw wrote:
> On 07/06/10 17:24, Matthew Gretton-Dann wrote:
> > All,
> >
> > Please can someone review and approve the attached patch?
> >
> > The patch is to fix gas so that it accepts vldm pc, {...}, vstm pc,
> > {...}, and the divided syntax equivalents, in ARM state.
> >
> > (These instructions with writeback, or in Thumb-state are
> > unpredictable).
>
> This is basically OK, but I think your use of .double in the source will
> cause the dumps to fail if run in big-endian mode.  It might be better
> to just put out .word directives for the literals (their values aren't
> really what's under test).

Please find attached an updated patch which fixes the tests for big
endian.  Tested arm-none-eabi big & little endian.

Thanks,

Matt

Proposed ChangeLogs:

gas/ChangeLog:
2010-06-08  Matthew Gretton-Dann  <matthew.gretton-dann@arm.com>
        * config/tc-arm.c (operand_parse_code): Add OP_RRnpctw enum
        value.
        (parse_operands): Add support for OP_RRnpctw.
        (insns): Update floating-point load/store multiples so the
        first register is of type OP_RRnpctw.

gas/testsuite/ChangeLog:
2010-06-08 Matthew Gretton-Dann  <matthew.gretton-dann@arm.com>
        * gas/arm/vldm-arm.d: New test.