[committed]: Binutils manual licensing fixes

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Tue Jun 8 12:20:00 GMT 2010

Hi Joseph,

> Rather than patching standards.texi locally you should update from the
> upstream version.

Ah - good point.

> (Note that make-stds.texi should be updated, and gnu-oids.texi imported,
> at the same time as updating standards.texi.)

I have now imported the standards.texi and gnu-oids.texi files into the
binutils sources.  I did try importing the make-stds.texi file as well,
but this caused build errors:

   etc/make-stds.texi:481: Unknown command `raggedright'.
   etc/make-stds.texi:486: Bad argument `raggedright' to `@end', using
`table'.
   etc/make-stds.texi:491: @item found outside of an insertion block.
   etc/make-stds.texi:506: @item found outside of an insertion block.
   etc/make-stds.texi:512: @item found outside of an insertion block.
   etc/make-stds.texi:522: Unmatched `@end'.
   makeinfo: Removing output file `standards.info' due to errors; use
--force to preserve.

(This was using version 4.13 of makeinfo in the Fedora 12 release).  I
did not know what to make of this, so I thought it best not to upgrade
make-stds.texi at this point.

etc/ChangeLog
2010-06-08  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* standards.texi: Import current version from gnustandards
	project.
	* gnu-oids.texi: New file.