PATCH: Extend .zdebug section support to binutils and ld

Daniel Jacobowitz dan@codesourcery.com
Thu Jul 22 20:00:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:09:33AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 10:06 AM, Daniel Jacobowitz
> <dan@codesourcery.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 09:54:43AM -0700, H.J. Lu wrote:
> >> 2. .zdebug sections with relocations are handled properly.
> >
> > What is "properly"?  If you ask me, compressing a section that you
>
> At least, binutils programs can understand them.

That doesn't tell me anything.  What is the right thing to do, now
that you've made binutils do it?  Do you have to uncompress the
section and then apply relocations to it?

If you do, there's no separate issue - don't check this in unless
objects are marked in such a way that other tools will immediately
reject them.

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery