[patch binutils ld]: PR ld/11612 Make def-file parser aware of internal names

Kai Tietz ktietz70@googlemail.com
Sat Jul 10 16:08:00 GMT 2010

2010/7/10 Kai Tietz <ktietz70@googlemail.com>:
> 2010/7/9 Kai Tietz <Kai.Tietz@onevision.com>:
>> Hello,
>>
>> by recent change to remove leading underscore we had to notice that
>> def-file parser didn't handle internal names in places as ID. I am pretty
>> curious, as this should happen for arm-pe targets, too.
>> This patch fixes the def-file parser/grammer in ld and binutils
>>
>> ChangeLog for binutils/
>> 2010-07-09  Kai Tietz
>>
>>        PR ld/11612
>>        * defparse.y (all_id): New type.
>>        (ID): Replaced by all_id.
>>

>> ChangeLog for ld/
>> 2010-07-09  Kai Tietz
>>
>>        PR ld/11612
>>        * deffilep.y (allids): New type.
>>        (ID): Replaced by allids.
>>        (SEGMENTS): New token id.
>>
>> Tested for i686-pc-cygwin, x86_64-pc-mingw32 without regressions. Ok for
>> apply?
>
> I found that for optional names and for attributes some important
> keywords had a chance to be interpreted as identifies instead.
>
> This patch update fixes this.
>
> Kai
>
> PS: Possibly it would be a good thing to rethink the implementation of
> '.' and names in def-files. But this should be a discussion in a
> different thread. I see that the current approach in scanning .def
> files is near to the point of being no longer maintainable in current
> state.
>

> --
> |  (\_/) This is Bunny. Copy and paste
> | (='.'=) Bunny into your signature to help
> | (")_(") him gain world domination

Patch drawn back. Issue is in the .def file generation itself and not
in def-file grammer. In general names for symbols should be encoded in
quotes. This avoids this issue

Sorry for the noise.

Kai