Is it possible to hide some symbols in linking shared library?

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Tue Jan 26 15:57:00 GMT 2010

mpsuzuki@hiroshima-u.ac.jp writes:

> I want to realize following 2 conditions:
>
> C1) a shared library exports all symbols for runtime linker.
>
> C2) when a developer links new binary with a shared library,
>     the linker ignores some "blacklisted" symbols as if they
>     cannot be resolved.

Sounds like you want a version script.  I admit I'm not sure how to
move a shared library which does not use a version script to one that
does without retaining the same set of symbols, but at least you can
set yourself up for future fixes of this sort.

Ian