gold patch committed: If no dynamic symbols, use normal symbols

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Fri Jan 8 23:06:00 GMT 2010

On Fri, Jan 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> When the GNU linker sees a shared library with no dynamic symbols, it
> uses the normal symbols instead.  This turns out to be required on
> some systems, as explained in slightly more detail in a comment in the
> patch.  I committed this patch to gold to make it work the same way.
>
> Ian
>

> 2010-01-08  Ian Lance Taylor  <iant@google.com>
>
>        PR 11084
>        * dynobj.cc (Sized_dynobj::find_dynsym_sections): If there is no
>        dynamic symbol table, use the normal symbol table.
>        (Sized_dynobj::do_read_symbols): Remove assertion about type of
>        symbol table.

This one failed to build with gcc 4.2 and 4.3:

cc1plus: warnings being treated as errors
/net/gnu-6/export/linux/src/binutils/binutils/gold/dynobj.cc: In member function
‘void gold::Sized_dynobj<size, big_endian>::find_dynsym_sections(const unsigned
char*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*, unsigned int*) [with int
size = 64, bool big_endian = false]’:
/net/gnu-6/export/linux/src/binutils/binutils/gold/dynobj.cc:118: warning: ‘pi’
may be used uninitialized in this function
make[6]: *** [dynobj.o] Error 1

--
H.J.