Option -static

Takis Psarogiannakopoulos takis@XFree86.Org
Thu Jan 7 20:31:00 GMT 2010

On Thu, 7 Jan 2010, H.J. Lu wrote:

> On Thu, Jan 7, 2010 at 10:02 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> >
> > If anybody actually implements this, I think better would be something
> > like -Bprefer-static and -Bprefer-dynamic, and make them position
> > dependent like -Bstatic and -Bdynamic.
> >

> Sounds good to me.
>

> --
> H.J.

Guys,

I would implement that option if nobody else does/has already . I needed
in any case for the OS I am running.  -Bprefer-static  sounds good,
I am not sure about the position dependent part, as -Bstatic and -Bdynamic
already do exactly that.
-Bprefer-dymamic is in any case the default behavior of gold/gnu ld
right? Nothing to implement really.

Regards,