PATCH: Add updelfhdr

H.J. Lu hjl.tools@gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 15:56:00 GMT 2010

On Tue, Jan 5, 2010 at 7:49 AM, Nick Clifton <nickc@redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi H.J.
>
>> My program updates files in place. It doesn't read in the whole file into
>> memory.
>
> Couldn't all of this be achieve via a simple script ?  Say in perl or ruby ?
>  Is there really a need for a whole new program ?

If you want to support all files, including archive, and

  --input-mach <machine>      Set input machine type to <machine>

a simple script won't work. Also my program will run everywhere
where binutils works, independent of perl/ruby.

I will be the maintainer for updelfhdr and fix whatever problems
it may have.

Thanks.

--
H.J.