time to be serious about dropping CVS

Eli Zaretskii eliz@gnu.org
Fri Jan 1 08:35:00 GMT 2010

> Date: Fri, 1 Jan 2010 12:01:37 +0400
> From: Joel Brobecker <brobecker@adacore.com>
>
> Right now, git is so much more powerful and fast, that I will personally
> focus on a transition to git.

If it is going to be git, then I would request to set up a two-way
(i.e., writable) gateway for bzr, cvs, or svn (in that order of
preference).

All of my GDB related work is done on a Windows machine at home, with
native Windows tools, and I have no resources to deal with the
complications that are imminent when a Windows (MSYS) port of git is
installed in parallel to an otherwise native win32 development
environment.

If none of such gateways will be available when CVS access is shut
down, I will regretfully resign from my GDB-related development work.