Remove config.cache files when reconfiguring at top level

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Feb 15 15:54:00 GMT 2010

Hi Andreas,

> This should be optional, as it also erases any manual changes added to
> the cache file.

Ah - I did not know that users would ever modify the cache files.  Given
that they do though - is it right that they should expect their changes
to be preserved across a reconfigure ?  I would have thought that the
cache files would have the same status as Makefiles - OK to modify for
temporary local changes but never expected to last for very long.