Ignoring some undefined symbols

Mathieu Ropert sagara@puchiko.net
Thu Feb 11 15:00:00 GMT 2010


That's too bad, we really liked this feature when building librairies
for runtime loading (like Apache modules for instance).
Would you guys be interested in a patch that implements this feature in LD?

Mathieu

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 3:35 AM, Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Ropert <sagara@puchiko.net> writes:
>
>> I'm currently porting an application from Tru64 / OSF to Linux and I'm
>> looking for a feature I had with Tru64's LD that I can't find in
>> binutils.
>> When building a shared library, I want LD to report undefined symbols
>> in object files BUT I need to ignore some undefined symbols.
>> On Tru64, there's the -expect_unresolved flag that takes a symbol name
>> pattern (like shell filename expansion) and ignore them when reporting
>> undefined symbols.
>> With binutils' LD, I use the --no-undefined to have undefined symbols
>> checked when building shared libraries, but I still need to make it
>> ignore some undefined references (full names or patterns, both can
>> do).
>> Is there any way to do it?
>
> As far as I know the GNU linker has no such feature.  Sorry.
>
> Ian
>



More information about the Binutils mailing list