[GOLD][ARM] non-linked ARM EXIDX sections

Viktor Kutuzov vkutuzov@accesssoftek.com
Thu Feb 11 00:13:00 GMT 2010


Hi Doug,

I got the problem with the ARM EXIDX sections, when I built the glibc
library. So, there is some object files during a build of glibc, which
contain the non-linked EXIDX sections (without linked text segment).
GOLD fires an error in this situation like this -- 

error: EXIDX section 9 in /opt/crosstool/build-gold/work/obj.glibc/elf/
librtld.os has no linked text section

but LD links those files without any problems. I have checked out how LD
handles it and I found that LD just skips that kind of EXIDX sections
silently. I suppose, we should do the same thing in GOLD. What do you
think? Something like as it proposed in the attached file.

-Viktor.
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: binutils-gold-arm-skip_non_linked_exidx_sections.diff
Type: text/x-patch
Size: 1490 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20100211/d5c9a68c/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list