gold --unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs support

Vladimir Simonov sv@sw.ru
Thu Dec 30 17:19:00 GMT 2010

On 12/29/2010 09:22 PM, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> Vladimir Simonov<sv@sw.ru>  writes:
>
>> Do you have any plans to support --unresolved-symbols=ignore-in-shared-libs option?
>>
>> I'm using
>> ../gcc-4.4.3-glibc-2.3.2/bin/i686-unknown-linux-gnu-ld.gold.exe --version
>> GNU gold (GNU Binutils 2.21) 1.10
>> Copyright 2010 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
>
> I'm not actively working on it.  It should be done.  It would probably
> be fairly simple, as it is similar to --allow-shlib-undefined which gold
> does support.  Patches welcome.
>
> Ian

Ok. Thank you for the answer.

Unfortunately I have no time to dig with binutils & gold
deep enough to suggest reasonable patches. From time to time
I just try to switch my mingw-based crosstools on newer binutils
and report the problems.

I'll write other problems descriptions in separate messages
to avoid a mess.

Thanks again
With coming NY!

Vladimir Simonov