[patch bfd]: Fix generation of .tls directory entry

Dave Korn dave.korn.cygwin@gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 19:46:00 GMT 2010

On 20/12/2010 15:25, Kai Tietz wrote:
> PING? What's the issue here?

  Well there is all this "christmas" stuff going on at the moment ....

>>> by recent changes I noticed that the TLS directory entry for PE-COFF
>>> targets isn't set anymore. This patch fixes this issue
>>>
>>> 2010-12-14  Kai Tietz
>>>
>>>        * peXXigen.c (_bfd_XXi_swap_aouthdr_out): Handle TLS directory
>>>        entry.
>>>
>>> Tested for x86_64-w64-mingw32, and i686-pc-cygwin. Ok for apply?

  I'm not so sure about this one.  What exactly has caused the TLS directory
entry not to be set any more, and what are the "other .tls fixes" you refer to?

  If I understand the patch right, it's going to set the TLS directory entry
to point to any ".tls" section output during the link, regardless of whether
it actually contains the "__tls_used" symbol (and related structure) or not,
isn't it?  Unless it is always the case that .tls sections always contain this
structure, it is always at offset zero, and it is always the full size of the
section, that seems potentially incorrect.

    cheers,
      DaveK