nlmconv.c - warning: value computed is not used

Alan Modra amodra@gmail.com
Wed Dec 8 05:22:00 GMT 2010


On Wed, Dec 08, 2010 at 01:03:55AM +0200, Bernd Jendrissek wrote:
> In message <477B8342.60604@redhat.com> Nick Clifton wrote:
> >> .././binutils/nlmconv.c: In function 'main':
> >> .././binutils/nlmconv.c:1081: warning: value computed is not used
> >>
> >> but is it safe to ignore this warning?
> >
> >Possibly, but it is hard to be sure without being able to reproduce the bug.
> >(I tried with my local sources, but I did not see this warning).  What does
> >line 1081 in nlmconv.c in your sources look like ?  Is it this:
> >
> >   strncpy (nlm_variable_header (outbfd)->oldThreadName, " LONG",
> >	   NLM_OLD_THREAD_NAME_LENGTH);
> >
> >[snip other alternative]
> 
> This is it in my case.

I wonder do you have a fancy macro for strncpy on your system?  What
does the preprocessor output look like here?

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM



More information about the Binutils mailing list