RFC: GOLD: Add support for MEMORY regions in linker scripts

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Aug 20 12:40:00 GMT 2010

Hi Guys,

  Attached is a rough draft of a patch to add support for MEMORY regions
  in linker scripts to the GOLD linker.  Since I am new to GOLD and not
  much of a C++ programmer I thought that I would ask for any comments
  or corrections at this stage before I go too far.

  As it stands the patch appears to implement support for MEMORY
  regions, at least for the simple test case that I am using.  I am not
  at all sure that I have implemented it in the correct manner however,
  or if it will stand up to more robust testing.  Time will tell.  But
  if anyone has anything to say about it please let me know.