gold patch committed (Was: Re: Help needed to track down bug: linking Linux kernel with gold creates unbootable kernel)

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Fri Apr 23 23:30:00 GMT 2010

Török Edwin <edwintorok@gmail.com> writes:

> With latest CVS gold I get this error:
> objcopy  -R .comment -S vmlinux arch/x86/boot/compressed/vmlinux.bin
> objcopy:arch/x86/boot/compressed/vmlinux.bin[.text]: File truncated
> objcopy:arch/x86/boot/compressed/vmlinux.bin: File truncated

Can you send me a copy of the linker script used to create vmlinux?
You should be able to see this from the command line--it is most
likely passed in using a -T option.

Ian