Linking with target Z80

Chris Smith chris@nfluid.com
Wed Sep 30 09:17:00 GMT 2009


I'm having trouble using ld to link assembled Z80 files.

Attached is a small test suite which assembles and links two files into a 
static library, and a third file which it assembles and tries to link to the 
library.

At the moment it wont link. I have even tried supplying the three .o's with 
ld, instead of the lib, and that fails too. I'm looking to get a z80-coff 
format out, so I can use objdump/objcopy to get what I need.

I think I may have got this to almost work once, but it linked the entire 
library and not the bits it required, wasting precious space. I don't know 
how I did it though.

I'm not new to binutils, which is why I'm going crazy ;-)

Am I approaching this incorrectly, or is z80-ld borked?

Many thanks.
Chris

-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: z80ldtest.tgz
Type: application/x-tgz
Size: 1255 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20090930/cb61c80c/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list