cross-build fails, target host:powerpc, build host:x86_64

Hector Oron hector.oron@gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 11:03:00 GMT 2009

Hello Alan,

Thanks for the reply.

2009/9/27 Alan Modra <amodra@bigpond.net.au>:
> On Sun, Sep 27, 2009 at 04:46:23AM +0200, Hector Oron wrote:
>> Is this a binutils or autoconf bug? or maybe a bug in my toolchain?
>
> Another possibility is that you lied to the top level configure.  Are
> you really building on an x86_64 host?  Even if you are, do you have a
> 64-bit toolchain installed?

Yes, the build host is an AMD machine running on 64 bit mode. I do
have a 64 bit toolchain installed.

I changed the version on the binutils and it is working fine with that
one. I am not sure how could I debug to find the issue, i would
appreciate if you could give me a hint.

Kind regards,
--
 Héctor Orón