bfd patch for gdb cross-debugging support

Danny Backx danny.backx@scarlet.be
Sat Sep 19 09:02:00 GMT 2009


On Sat, 2009-09-19 at 11:01 +0200, Danny Backx wrote:
> On Tue, 2009-09-15 at 16:52 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > Danny Backx <danny.backx@scarlet.be> writes:
> > 
> > > On Mon, 2009-09-14 at 09:08 -0700, Ian Lance Taylor wrote:
> > >> Aside from API issues, I will note that using a global variable is not
> > >> an ideal choice when BFD is compiled as a shared library.
> > >
> > > You're implying that I extend some existing data structure with a field.
> > > Is this structure the "struct bfd" ?
> > 
> > No, sorry, I'm implying that you should use a static variable with a
> > function API.  Much as you understood before.  Sorry for the confusion.
> > 
> > (There is nothing wrong with global or static variables referenced only
> > within a shared library.  Having the main program refer to a global
> > variable defined in a shared library works, but has various issues I
> > won't go into here.  The latter is best avoided when possible.)
> 
> Ok. Here is a next version of my work.
> 
> I'm showing this early so I don't go too far in the wrong direction,
> it's not finished.
> 
> I've not been overly ambitious, just cleaned up most of the
> HAVE_DOS_BASED_FILE_SYSTEM stuff. There may be code to be merged from
> all the places where the filesystem prefix ("A:") is taken into account.
> 
> Comments please.
> 
> 	Danny

Oops, I didn't include the new file (bfd/filesystem.c). Attached now.

	Danny
-- 
Danny Backx ; danny.backx - at - scarlet.be ; http://danny.backx.info
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Name: filesystem.c
Type: text/x-csrc
Size: 1327 bytes
Desc: not available
URL: <https://sourceware.org/pipermail/binutils/attachments/20090919/4ea271b3/attachment.bin>


More information about the Binutils mailing list