binutils-2.19.90 snapshot is available

Tristan Gingold gingold@adacore.com
Mon Sep 14 07:37:00 GMT 2009


On Sep 12, 2009, at 3:10 AM, Dave Korn wrote:

> Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have just uploaded binutils-2.19.90.tar.bz2 on sourceware.org in
>> ~ftp/pub/binutils/snapshots.
>>
>> 4de5ec0fbaea190caa1a6a4812f4deff  binutils-2.19.90.tar.bz2
>>
>> This snapshot was sanity-checked.
>> Please test it for your favorite hosts/targets.
>
>  I've just had reported a fairly significant problem with the PE  
> linker in
> relocatable mode:
>
> http://sourceware.org/bugzilla/show_bug.cgi?id=10634
>
>  LD is mishandling the location counter here quite badly and  
> generating
> overlapping output sections with excess padding.  I'll try my best  
> to figure
> this out and get a fix for it during the day (Saturday) in hopes of  
> getting it
> in time for the release.

I don't plan to do the release this week (we need at least one week to  
receive translations).

Tristan.



More information about the Binutils mailing list