New syntax for IVMS prolog epilog size

Douglas B Rupp rupp@gnat.com
Thu Sep 10 04:33:00 GMT 2009

It's been suggested on the Gcc list that my proposed calculation for the
DW_AT_HP_{pro,epi}logue attributes should be done in the assembler.

This is what rejected patch would have generated for prologue size. The
VMS Debugger expects the prologue size to be in these particular units
for whatever reason.

         data4.ua         (.LPE2-.LFB2)/16*3     // DW_AT_HP_prologue

I'll propose the following syntax, please comment and advise:

	data4.is	.LPE2-.LFB2  //DW_AT_HP_prologue

Instead of "is", maybe "slot" or some other term?  Once the syntax is
agreed upon I will submit a gas and new gcc patch.

--Douglas Rupp
AdaCore