Binutils branch 2.20 (done!)

Jie Zhang jie.zhang@analog.com
Sat Sep 5 12:40:00 GMT 2009

Hi Alan,

Alan Modra wrote:
> On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 12:00:55PM +0200, Tristan Gingold wrote:
>> I have just created the 2.20 branch and updated the version on HEAD.
>> I will try to do the first prerelease soon.
>
> Lots of testsuite failures at the moment.  It would be nice if target
> maintainers would give these some attention.
>
> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: flow2
> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: loop
> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: loop2
> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: loop3

I don't see these 4 FAILs here.

> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: ld-elf/64ksec-r
> bfin-elf/log0:FAIL: ld-elf/64ksec

These two FAIL is because Blackfin as does not accept "SYMBOL = VALUE".
Blackfin has an algebra assembly syntax. Assigning value to a register
has the form:

"REG = VALUE"

If there is typo of REG, this will become "SYMBOL = VALUE". That error
is not easy to notice. So I think it's better to let Blackfin gas reject
"SYMBOL = VALUE" to detect such error. .set can be used if user want to
set value to a symbol.

How about the attached patch?

Jie