[PATCH RFC resent] objcopy -B bfdarch limited to 'binary' input
Philippe De Muyter
phdm@macqel.be
Tue Sep 1 10:33:00 GMT 2009
On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 07:38:10PM +0930, Alan Modra wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 31, 2009 at 12:17:14PM +0200, Philippe De Muyter wrote:
> > I see no reason why converting from srec (and other architecture-less formats)
> > could not benefit also from the -B option.
>
> Well, yes, but your patch doesn't actually do anything apart from
> allowing an option to be parsed without error.
Yes it does : it allows the option to be *used* with srec input files.
But there were many other options here :
- eliminate the test completely (but why was it put there in the first place)
- make an exhaustive list of all the formats that do not provide an
architecture tag (but I do not know all the formats)
- check if the input format provides an architecture tag (but I do not
know bfd enough to do that)
Hence my RFC :)
Philippe
More information about the Binutils
mailing list