debug_info strangeness (arm-mingw32ce)

Alan Modra amodra@bigpond.net.au
Mon Nov 30 10:15:00 GMT 2009


On Sat, Nov 28, 2009 at 03:33:25PM +0100, Danny Backx wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-11-27 at 11:38 +1030, Alan Modra wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 26, 2009 at 08:43:26PM +0100, Danny Backx wrote:
> > > Or is it probably what it looks like to me - an error ?
> > 
> > Yes.  I expect something is corrupting the linker's statement_list,
> > since ld appears to be sizing output sections correctly but not
> > writing them out.  To test this hypothesis, put a break in
> > lang_process before the lang_size_sections call, and another in
> > ldwrite.  Dump the list using dprint_statement at both points.
> 
> Not being an expert, I don't see much difference. See below.

No, my guess was wrong.  The linker's statement list looks OK.

> And similarly (writing Modra 1a/b) in ldlang.c . I assume that this is
> what you requested.

I wasn't requesting the dump.  Just telling you the first thing I'd
look at under gdb.  :-)  Looks like you need to look further yourself,
or provide a testcase that others use to reproduce the problem.

-- 
Alan Modra
Australia Development Lab, IBM



More information about the Binutils mailing list