[comitted]: readelf - do not dump NOBITS debug sections

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Thu May 28 11:02:00 GMT 2009

Hi Guys,

  I am applying the attached patch to fix a problem I encountered
  whilst investigating a gcc debug info generation problem.  Readelf
  was displaying a .eh_frame section as if it contained corrupt data,
  when in fact there was no reliable data there at all.  What had
  happened was that a debug-info-only file had been created by running
  "strip --only-keep-debug" on an executable, but this also preserved
  the non-debug sections, just changing their type to NOBITS.  When
  readelf was then run on the debug-info-only file it dumped the
  .eh_frame section as if it contained real data.

  Tested with no regression on a multitude of toolchains.

readelf/ChangeLog
2009-05-28  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* readelf.c (display_debug_section): Do not display debug sections
	with the NOBITS section type.