Strange binutils-2_16-branch and related tags

Jie Zhang jie.zhang@analog.com
Tue May 12 05:00:00 GMT 2009

Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Andreas Schwab <schwab@linux-m68k.org> writes:
>
>> Jie Zhang <jie.zhang@analog.com> writes:
>>
>>> It seems you are right. Below is the list of all the files which should
>>> not have TAG binutils-2_16-branchpoint. They are just the new files when
>>> comparing TAG binutils-2_16-branchpoint against TAG binutils-2_16. I'll
>>> first try on a local repository mirror next week.
>> The file binutils/rclex.c is special.  It was previously a generated
>> file only checked into branches, but appeared later on the trunk as a
>> non-generated file.  This file should not have that tag either.
>
> Another special file is binutils/po/ro.po, which appeared simultanously
> on trunk and binutils-2_16-branch after the branchpoint.

Thanks for point out that. The test result on my local repository mirror
looks OK. So I have removed TAG binutils-2_16-branchpoint from the files
I listed in my last email plus binutils/rclex.c and binutils/po/ro.po.

Jie