PATCH: Only run linker eh-group tests for ELF based targets

Thu May 7 14:10:00 GMT 2009

Nick Clifton wrote:

>   I am applying the patch below to prevent the ld-elf/eh-group.exp
>   tests from being run for non-ELF based targets.  I found that there
>   were being run for cygwin toolchains which does support DWARF debug
>   info generation but which which of course does not use the ELF file
>   format.

  Not sure what's going on here.  I don't get any FAILs.

> + # Exclude non-ELF targets.
> +
> + if ![is_elf_format] {
> +     return
> + }
> +
>   # Exclude non-CFI (such as ia64) targets.
>
>   if {![check_as_cfi]} {

  This duplicates the existing check of is_elf_format a few lines below.  In
my latest ld.log, I see

Running /gnu/binutils/src/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/eh-group.exp ...
Checking CFI support:
/gnu/binutils/obj/ld/../gas/as-new   -o /dev/null tmpdir/check_as_cfi.s
Executing on host: sh -c {/gnu/binutils/obj/ld/../gas/as-new   -o /dev/null
tmpdir/check_as_cfi.s 2>&1}  /dev/null ld.tmp (timeout = 300)
spawn [open ...]
testcase /gnu/binutils/src/ld/testsuite/ld-elf/eh-group.exp completed in 0 seconds

... so as far as I can tell, it was only ever doing the CFI check, and then
exiting when the subsequent is_elf_format test fails.  What is the actual
symptom you are seeing?

    cheers,
      DaveK