[gold][patch] Fix non-PIC warning to print only when building position-independent output

Hans-Peter Nilsson hp@bitrange.com
Thu Mar 26 00:12:00 GMT 2009

On Wed, 25 Mar 2009, Cary Coutant wrote:

> If we ever do hit this case in a
> non-position-independent link, however, I hope it'll be the compiler's
> fault, and we shouldn't print a message that implies that -fPIC is
> actually required. (Maybe we should print something instead about a
> possible bug in the compiler or assembly code?)

IMHO don't just hint at a gcc bug: missing -fPIC is much too
common.  Or if that's not applicable here, maybe the user didn't
use the correct linker option?

brgds, H-P