[gold] "entry in mergeable string section not null terminated"

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Mon Mar 23 21:17:00 GMT 2009

Ian Lance Taylor <iant@google.com> writes:

> Peter, would
> you be interested in trying such a patch?  Change this line in
> gold/merge.cc
>
> 	      object->error(_("entry in mergeable string section "
> 			      "not null terminated"));
>
> to something like
>
> 	      gold_warning(_("%s: entry in mergeable string section "
> 			     "not null terminated"),
> 			   object->name().c_str());
>
> Ian

Since Peter said this worked for him, I have committed this patch.  I
also noticed that pend is set incorrectly for sections holding
multi-byte strings, and I fixed that.

2009-03-23  Ian Lance Taylor  <iant@google.com>

	* merge.cc (do_add_input_section): Correct pend value.  Change
	message about last entry not being null terminated from error to
	warning.