gold patch committed: Link .stab and .stabstr sections

Ian Lance Taylor iant@google.com
Wed Jun 24 00:52:00 GMT 2009

The GNU linker links .stab and .stabstr sections via the sh_link field.
I don't know if that was copied from elsewhere or if we just made it up,
but some tools now depend upon it.  I committed this patch to gold to do
the same linking.

Ian

2009-06-23  Ian Lance Taylor  <iant@google.com>

	PR 10219
	* layout.cc (Layout::Layout): Initialize have_stabstr_section_.
	(Layout::make_output_section): Set have_stabstr_section_ if we see
	a .stab*str section.
	(Layout::finalize): Call link_stabs_sections.
	(Layout::link_stabs_sections): New file.
	* layout.h (class Layout): Add have_stabstr_section_ field.
	Declare link_stabs_sections.