Committed: Add target specific reloc processing to readelf

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Mon Jun 22 08:58:00 GMT 2009

Hi Guys,

  I am applying the patch below to add support for target specific
  reloc processing to readelf.  This is to support the display of
  DWARF2 location lists for the MN10300 port, although I expect that
  the functionality may well be extended in the future to other
  ports.

  The MN10300 port generates a special R_MN10300_SYM_DIFF reloc for
  parts of the .debug_loc section.  This inserts the difference between
  the values of two symbols and it has to be done this way because
  linker relaxation may change the address of either of them.

  Tested with an mn10300-elf toolchain and no regressions.

binutils/ChangeLog
2009-06-22  Nick Clifton  <nickc@redhat.com>

	* readelf.c (target_specific_reloc_handling): New function:
	Processes relocs in a target specific manner.
	(debug_apply_relocations): Use the new function.
	* dwarf.c (display_debug_loc): End the dump with a blank line.
	(struct debug_display): Enable reloc processing for .debug_aranges
	and .debug_loc sections.