STT_GNU_IFUNC from libgcc?

Adam Goode adam@spicenitz.org
Tue Jun 2 17:49:00 GMT 2009

Hi,

I have a couple questions about STT_GNU_IFUNC:

 * Could it be used from libgcc? (I don't see why not, but
   libgcc is a little special.)

 * Will it work with a statically-linked library? (libgcc
   is often statically linked in, would this still work,
   or would it need to be dynamically linked?)

I'm asking because ARM floating point is implemented as functions in
libgcc, and it would be nice to have these go through the IFUNC
mechanism to take advantage of hardware floating point when available.

Thanks,

Adam