datarootdir fixes

Ralf Wildenhues Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de
Wed Jul 29 18:25:00 GMT 2009

* Tom Tromey wrote on Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 09:06:02PM CEST:

> Ralf> readline/ChangeLog.gdb:
> Ralf> 2009-07-28  Ralf Wildenhues  <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
> Ralf> 	* Makefile.in (datarootdir): New variable.
> Ralf> 	* doc/Makefile.in (datarootdir): New variable.
> Ralf> 	* shlib/Makefile.in (datarootdir): New variable.
>
> This seems like something that should go upstream.

Actually, I've checked now, and upstream readlines's newer 6.0 release
has this in the sources, albeit at slightly different lines.  I've
copied those hunks and using them in the patch now.

(Please don't make me upgrade the in-tree readline right now; thanks.)

> Ralf> gdb/gdbserver/ChangeLog:
> Ralf> 2009-07-28  Ralf Wildenhues  <Ralf.Wildenhues@gmx.de>
> Ralf> 	* Makefile.in (datarootdir): New variable.
>
> This part is ok.

Thanks.

I've also checked now, the other patches against packages that have an
upstream are purely changing code that was src-specific already anyway,
or have been removed or fixed already in newer upstream versions.  So I
think we are good to go there.

I still need approval for the sim/ parts of this patch.

Cheers,
Ralf