[Patch] Add --identify-ms option to dlltool

Wed Jan 7 07:05:00 GMT 2009

As it happens, the import libraries created by the microsoft tools are a
bit different than those created by binutils. During a discussion of
this on the libtool list, I put together this enhancement.  However, I'm
not sure if it is appropriate for binutils; after all, it isn't as if ld
can USE ms-supplied import libraries.

Comments?

--
Chuck

2009-01-07  Charles Wilson  <...>

	* binutils/dlltool.c: Add new global variable
        identify_ms.
	(identify_process_section_p): search for alternate
	section when --identify-ms.
	(identify_search_section): Add additional conditions
	to excludes candidate sections from consideration.
	(usage): Added --identify-ms.
	(long_options): Added --identify-ms.
	(main): Handle --identify-ms option.
	* binutils/doc/binutils.texi: Document
	--identify-ms option.
	* binutils/NEWS: Document --identify and
	--identify-ms options.