ARM long branch stubs: be8

Christophe LYON christophe.lyon@st.com
Mon Feb 23 11:40:00 GMT 2009

Hi all,

Following our recent discussion, I propose the attached patch to fix
big-endian / be8 stubs encoding issues.

I am not particularly proud of the way it's now done, but it does the job.
In short, the Thumb instructions in the stubs now use 1 entry per
instruction (instead of 2 instr per entry), but this implies that the
encoding functions know the exact layout of each stub, so it makes
maintenance a bit more painful (I added some comments to warn about that).

I have added one more test (farcall-thumb-arm-be8).

Once this is OK, I'll come back to my original patches to improve
PIC/PLT support.

Christophe.