ARM long branch stub: thumb

Daniel Jacobowitz drow@false.org
Mon Feb 23 04:36:00 GMT 2009

On Fri, Feb 20, 2009 at 03:15:50PM +0100, Christophe LYON wrote:
> Here is an updated patch, using the veneer code provided by Paul.
>
> I have also modified the Thumb -> Arm stub which also used to push
> registers on the stack.

This patch is OK.  There are still things wrong with the stubs, but it
fixes some and doesn't introduce new problems.

FYI, we (CodeSourcery) need a version of the new stub code that works
on all our targets this week.  So I plan to review the output for as
many cases as I can think of on Monday.  We're also working on a patch
to put the stubs after input sections instead of before, as you and I
discussed last year.

>  		  stub_type = (info->shared | globals->pic_veneer)
> +		    /* PIC stub not yet supported on V4T.  */
>  		    ? arm_stub_none

Am I correct that most (or all?) places this function returns
arm_stub_none, we'll still generate out-of-range branches?

--
Daniel Jacobowitz
CodeSourcery