New Patch: add new score3 target and other changes

Nick Clifton nickc@redhat.com
Fri Feb 20 15:42:00 GMT 2009

Hi Brain,

> 1,
> According to your suggestions, I sent you the previous score.patch without
> the files that
> are regenerated (eg: bfd-in2.h & libbfd.h ),
>
> 2,
> we builded binutils for score target with following steps:
> (1).gas
> * run: automake
>
> (2).bfd
> * run: automake
> * run: autoconf
> * run: make headers /* cd build/binutils/bfd */
>
> (3).ld
> * run: automake
>
> (4).opcodes
> * run: automake
> * run: autoconf
>
> (5).binutils
> * run: automake
>
> 3,And then ,Enter build direntory run respectively configure
> --prefix=install_dir   --target=score-elf ,make,make install
> New patch can be compiled successfully ,I would like to ask what the
> inconsistent steps with you ?

Nothing - in fact I must apologise because when I reapplied your patch
and regenerated the various files I then found that it built cleanly
without any problems.  (I think that I must have mistakenly applied an
older version of your patch last time.  Sorry).

There are now only two points that need to be addressed:

   1. ChangeLog entries for the various directories that are affected by
the patch.

   2.  The GAS testsuite is showing two new failures for the score-elf
toolchain:

    FAIL: gas/score/branch_32
    FAIL: gas/score/branch_32-lt

      Looking at the log these tests are failing because of error
messages like this from the assembler:

   branch_32.s:162: Error: branch relocation truncate (0x244) [-2^9 ~ 2^9]

Point 1 is important - I need the changelogs before I can check your
patch in.  Point 2 is less important - it could be fixed by a future
patch if necessary, although it would be nice if the score7 port had no
testsuite failures right from the start.