Discrepancy with .reloc section between PE and PE+ emulations when linking -r.

Pedro Alves pedro@codesourcery.com
Fri Feb 13 15:02:00 GMT 2009

Nick Clifton wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:
> >   That was the point at which i386pe targets began calling
> > pe_exe_build_sections for the first time.  The purpose of the patch was to add
> > ARM support, so the changed behaviour of i386 targets is most likely inadvertent.

> Correct - I slipped up trying to "simplify" the code.  *sigh*

You can relax this time, as I'm the one to blame for that change.  :-)

Sorry about the breakage, and Dave, thanks for catching and fixing it.

>   You had it almost perfect, you just forgot to move the if clause from the
> then leg of the preprocessor conditional to the else leg when inverting the
> sense of the conditional test.  Now testing this proposed fix on a whole slew
> of linux-x-PE cross-targets.
>
> ld/ChangeLog
>
> 	* emultempl/pe.em (gld_${EMULATION_NAME}_after_open):  Don't emit
> 	inadvertent .reloc sections caused by refactoring accident.

FWIW, it looks good to me.

--
Pedro Alves